We are a FIRM famiy! Faithful Immovable Righteous and Motivated! That is the Adams family MOTO!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A House Full of Sickness!

Out of respect for the ill, I do not have pictures to show. It would be a sad, pathetic picture if I did. I offically have 6 sick children and one sick hubby. I feel like a nurse at a hostipal making rounds. I've been taking temps, giving drinks, cleaning up puke (tom's), cleaning spills (kids to weak to hold their own water), and giving meds (well, silver biotic & emergenC). All this I'm doing while trying to sanatize the house in order to prevent myself or the other 3 survivors from getting hit w/the bug. My poor family is miserable with fevers, headaches, aching bodies, chills, & sore throats. Tom is the only one throwing up.

Tom says I could be put away for attempted murder for giving him the tonic I did yesterday. I gave him a tonic w/garlic, ginger, lemon juice, cayenne, and honey. He nearly blacked out after drinking it. Then he tried to get up to throw it up, and threw up on our bed and the floor before making it to the toilet. The nice thing is that I just took off all of my bedding to wash it, so he did not get it on my bedspread. Lucky for him. He teased the kids when they got home and said I had tried to kill him. Our home teacher and another friend came over last night to give all the sickies a blessing.

Today is another day of mommy playing nurse. I may not get paid like a nurse, but it is a good thing that Heavenly Father pays well, because I need all the strength I can get right now! But hey, I've always said I would rather deal w/it all at once, then one at a time for weeks. So the question is. . .Now that I am in the middle of it, do I take it back? Nope, I would still rather get it over with. Bring it on!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry. :( Being sick is so miserable. I love you guys.

Ben and Melissa said...

Oh, that stinks...Missouri is no better. Everyone is getting the same thing here. I just keep crossing my fingers that we aren't the next family hit.

Love ya and hope all gets well soon!!!