We are a FIRM famiy! Faithful Immovable Righteous and Motivated! That is the Adams family MOTO!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Tribute to Josh


Summer seems to be slipping away from me. A few days ago I seemed excited about the idea of school starting again only because I need a little structure back in my life. However, as it gets closer, I find my heart aching. I know that this is Josh's last summer with us and I wish there was a little more time.

You see, I'm the type of mom who loves my kids with my whole heart, but the thought of them going off and leaving brings me excitement. This isn't because I won't miss my kids, but rather an excitement of what their lives will bring. It's more of a curiosity I should say. I'm curious to see what great things they will accomplish in their lives. I have complete confidence in my children. I know without a doubt that they will do great things.

While I am very excited to see Josh move on to bigger and better things in life, I feel a twinge in my heart. I don't feel like I got to have enough time with him. I cannot begin to tell you what a great joy it is to me that he has made the choice to serve a mission. I know raising him has brought me a lot of heart ache and worry, but as I see him mature and grow to be more like his dad each day my heart swells with great love and joy! I am excited to see him grow physically and spiritually. I feel as though I now have a young man in my presence in place of a boy.

Josh will graduate this December and leave for his mission around January of 2011. I only wish there could be a little more time with him as he is now. What a great young man he has turned out to be. And to think of the MANY trials and challenges he has been through in his life. He is a prime example of what the Savior can do to heal a wounded soul.

Josh, I love you and am SO proud of who you have become. You will be a great missionary some day and an even greater husband and father! And thank you Tom for being such an amazing example of what a father and husband should be!

1 comment:

The Ivie's said...

I can't believe it is already that time in Josh's life! It is funny that you posted about him today. I just ran across something that made me think about him.
http://tinyurl.com/mrshcr
Who knows maybe it could be his next step in the Rubik cube experience. :)